Catherine and I decided to make home made vanilla essence as part of our Christmas gifts for 2014. This turned out to be pretty easy, and result is really good. As part of that I turned bottle stoppers for the little decorative bottles we gave the essence out in. I also needed to explore what glue would work with silicone stoppers, which turned out to be a bit of an adventure.
I gave out a bunch of bowls at the work Christmas party, and to my embarrassment many people asked what wood and finish had been used. I of course didn’t remember because I made some of them over six months ago. I’m therefore going to try and do a better job of systematically documenting the things I make. This post is a first attempt at that.
Some more pens, and then I went back to bowls for a bit.
The attraction of pens is that I can churn out a pen in about 30 minutes, whereas a bowl can take twice that. Therefore when I have a small chance to play in the garage I’ll do a pen, whereas when I have more time I might do a bowl.
So… I finally got my chisels on Wednesday and so I’ve done a little turning at home in the last few days. There are two other items not shown here: a tool handle (cause its boring) and a bowl where I had depth fail and it came apart. Its also clear to me that dust extraction in the garage is a thing in my future, because a shop vac just doesn’t cut if for cleanup.