MythNetTV release 1

I figured it was time for another release of MythNetTV, especially since I’ve fixed some bugs recently and rolled in code generously provided by George Nassas. New things in this release:

  • Initial work on transcoding smaller files to something else
  • Better error checking for MySQL configuration and accessibility
  • Fixed bug where MythNetTV was unhappy if there were no channels configured in the MySQL database
  • Found, and hopefully fixed, a bug where program dates were not always being tracked correctly. Also added a check to make sure this doesn’t happen again
  • Added –markread, which lets you mark old shows as already downloaded

The code has seen a fair bit of use now, so it should be fairly stable. Let me know if you find any problems…

    $ ./mythnettv --statistics
    Programs tracked: 735
      Google EngEdu: 350
      Scoble Show: 85 2007: 74
      Mobuzz TV: 82 32
      Net Cafe: 2
      Foo: 1
      ABC News: 2
      Australia: 1
      Play School: 1
      Diggnation: 72
    Programs still to download: 50
      Google EngEdu: 49
      Diggnation: 1
    Data transferred: 103 gb (111017264341 bytes)

Get it here if you care: