Ultrasound of the baby this morning… Photos online when I get a chance.
My patches appeared on the Trivial patch money page! I’m now up to 41 patchs in total (including the obsolete ones and stuff like that). Not too shabby for three days of part time hacking me thinks.
Started studing for my speech recognition exam at the end of next week.
Spent the last few days working on a bunch of linux auditing, as well as final year project. Rusty Russel rocks — he’s been really good about giving me heaps of helpful feedback.
Working on an assignment… You know how you sometimes sit in a unit thinking that the content can’t possibly be as hard as it seems, and that you just need to find the piece of paper which explains it all? Well, I think I just found found the piece of paper for Speech recognition.
Being able to point people at the Online CVS history for a project is nice, but I also wanted a way to point people simply at the latest version of a file, so there is also now a extracted tree from the source control system. This way people can just click on a PDF or whatever and it just works.
As part of our final year project, we are required to give regular progress reports. This is the fourth.
Got a fair bit of work on the final year project user interface done — it is starting to look a little bit sexy. I had forgotten about the second speach recognition assignment, so I should start to look into that…
I have a CVS log graphing script, which I have been using for final year project. I thought I would run it on the Samba source code… Has anyone else noticed that the log file is 716,291 lines (thats 25,382,244 bytes)?
The problem with the current method is that there is a pretty column header jpeg generated for each source file which has ever been editted, and this slows down generation, as well as making the output of the script a lot bigger on disc (lots and lots of little images). I think that I need to refactor the script so that the days of the month (which hardly ever change) are across the top, and the source files are on the rows.
The old method worked well for smaller projects, but isn’t so crash hot for the huge ones… On the up side, the header images are only ever generated once, and then reused…
Check the report out for yourself
Thinking about the Linux kernel configuration language.
In the office today.
Does the final year project work ever end?
I’ve been getting really into Avant Go as a way of reading interesting things in offline idle time. Here a URL which will add Kernel Traffic to your Avant Go config.
It turns out that this beats it’s head up against a Palm 32k db entry size limit — so try using a different URL (which is a script on my webserver which breaks up the Kernel Traffic page into many smaller pages).
More work on the GDMS user interface. I have the basic graphing working, so for a change I started on the mouse selection stuff. There is now a status bar, showing the current mouse location, the current graph, and the selected graph region (if any).
Thinking a little about iSCSI on linux after the UUnite presentation from the other night. There is a linux iSCSI client (called an initiator) at http://linux-iscsi.sourceforge.net/, but from the sound of the page they have only tested against a Cisco server.
I can’t find references to a Linux iSCSI server, but I know that IBM sells one… I’ll post to CLUG and see what happens.