I’ve got interested in vcard. I can’t seem to find anything for parsing them for unix though. I feel some code coming on…
I have been playing with development for the Palm. I must say that the developer support is copious — if horribly bad. I have tried setting up the GCC world for palms on windows and on my linux box, and both have failed to work. This at least partially seems to be because the palm.com feel the urge to change the SDK layout every 13 seconds, and don’t seem to know what they are doing…
I have lost patience with it for now, and will have a play with it again in a few days.
I have decided that it is time to redevlop a whole bunch of the Panda code. There are a couple of goals I want to meet for the 0.5 release. I would like to see a better internal design (database based), and I would like to be able to have an IDL layer for the windows version of the library.
I have started devlopment on this, but the database stuff is really boring, which makes it hard to motivate myself to actually do any work on it.
Hmmmmmmm. On the c++ parsing front, I discovered that source navigator was the answer to my problems. When Ben was working on it’s development back in 1998 it was a bit flakey, whilst it seems to have come a long way now and be quite useful.
I don’t think that is a reflection on Ben by the way, it is just the coe is much more mature now.
Anyway, back to my mp3 listening…
Hmmm, a busy few days. I removed a wall in the kitchen (sorry, made a very big servery window), did a release of Panda which scored about 10,000 hits in a day (not much for a big project, but pretty good for me), and did some work for my employeer as well.
I have just been handed an interesting project at work. They want a list of the identifier names that they have in their C++ code. The ongoing goal is to be able to extract all the indentifiers that are message ids (we have no string literals in the code, which makes translation easier), so that we can find out which ones are defunct.
I thought I would start with the gcc code, and go from there.
For some time people have been letting me know about memory leaks in Panda 0.4, and the missing windows.c file. These errors have been corrected in the Panda 0.4.1 release which I am now announcing.
Please note that there are still memory leaks to be fixed, and I am working on these now.
To download the new version, checkout the Panda download page.