Production implementation from hell. Moved code across to production last night and then discovered it didn’t compile because the production machine was 64 bit and the development machines are 32 bit. It would seem that libtiff doesn’t compile on a 64 bit machine — this is something I will have to put some work into. I ended up compiling the code statically on one of the 32 bit machines and then ftp’ing it across to the 64 bit machine. This meant that the binary worked in 32 bit compatibility mode, which seemed to work fine.
For reference, add the following to xlc to compile statically…
Too much fun.
Helped a mate build a shack in his backyard — I’ll put photos here when I can.
Course cancelled, so I wont be going to SLUG this month. Oh well…
Catherine seems to be fine, and the doctor thinks that there is nothing wrong, so we are trying to be relaxed about it all.
The shit hit the fan at work the other day and people started saying that they needed a PDF generator in house that could do PNG. The obvious choices being Raster master (the commerical library we have been using), or Panda. I got the go ahead to start looking at porting Panda this afternoon. I have been having a play tonight, and now that I have actually sat down and tried to do it, it isn’t that hard.
The port isn’t even that dodgy. The only bit that I think is a little bad is that I couldn’t determine how to setup MS Visual C to point at extra include directories. There is a setting for it, but I couldn’t get it to work. I must have been doing something wrong. In the end I just chage the <>’s to “”‘s as needed.
Anyway, so I have the library compiling, it is now just a case of arranging some DLL exports. After that I will have a play in Visual Basic to make an ActiveX wrapper around it, and then use InstallShield to build a pretty little installer.
The port of Panda to Windows continues. Basically all the functionality is there now, it is just a case of whipping up an example or two to make sure that it actually works. I have uncovered a couple of subtle bugs so far. After that, it is a case of making sure that I have done the VB bit in the most VBish way possible, which will take some extra time.
Don’t buy Denon audio equipment. We have now been through about a dozen hi fi amplifiers, and have just ha dour second one smoke.
It looks like the area I am working for is being split up. More details as they come to hand.
One of those days. It was really quiet until the last hour of the work day, and then everything happened all at once. I think work has lost the plot — I had to go to an interview — just to go on a three day course. There were a bunch of Samba and library configuration issues to sort out as well. Finally, the PDF generator I recommended against three months ago has of course failed to live up to expectations, so I am thinking of a solution to that as well.
Bass lession as well. My fingers hurt.