this week has been a bit of a blur. There have been lots of assignments at uni (it being nearly the end of the term and all), along with doing lots of documentation on Panda. I also started looking at PNG support for Panda, mainly because I had to look at it for work for a different project I am doing there, so I figure I should harness my new found knowledge for the greater good…
Panda 0.4 RC 2 should be out soon!
Working on better documentation for Panda — in the last two days I have added 40 man pages to the development tree… I also have to write some ASP for uni and work on a maths assignment. Too much fun!
Also mainly sorted out the acceptance testing with Raymond.
Released the code for Subnetmapper 0.1. I am currently trying to decide if I will do a freshmeat announcement. I think I wont because it is not ready yet…
Released a sample of Panda 0.4 (RC1). Interesting, about half the web traffic I am used to with a release, but much much more email sent… I wonder what that means.
stillhq.com was broken for a while because my ISP upgraded perl to a version which is much stricter about some things like variable initialisation — which is strange because I didn’t think perl was meant to care about that sort of stuff… It is all fixed now, and I think the outage was only for a day or so, so I wont get too upset with my ISP just yet…
Released a new version of Panda, finished 0.1 of Autodocbook. Overall a good Open Source couple of days. A shit couple of days at work though.
Panda 0.4 RC1 has been released. This has happened well before I am ready to release the final version of 0.4, but this version of tha API should be entirely stable. The reason for it’s release is that the recent changes to Panda are so major that they will affect all of the current users of Panda… Have a look at the changelog to see what they are.
The new code is available from the download page.